Here he is. This is the boy we see most often.
I have been blessed with the funniest kids.
One day Lillian and I were sitting on the floor, working on a puzzle. Samuel sat nearby, quietly, with this bucket on his head. He thought it was so funny!
Five thirty for waffles is a little early for me. This is one of my more brilliant parenting techniques. Give the baby food and sleep on the living room floor. Nick was so impressed that he had to document the event. Samuel only likes whole grain waffles. Nick tried to get him blueberry but he won't eat them.
This is how Lillian colors.
There are few things Samuel MUST do. But, he must feed himself. He feels strongly about this. With hand or spoon or fork...or bowl raised, or lapping at his tray like a dog, it makes no differance to him as long as he is in charge. He also feels like he needs to have some control over my phone, the camera, the remote control to the tv, any writing utensil, and the stereo system (I think he gets that from his Dad). Otherwise my little guy is pretty laid back about stuff. We took him to the store last night and let him pick out a toy for his birthday. I had in mind a stuffed animal (lame, I know) so that he didn't have to fight Lillian for her's. But, Samuel saw the soccer balls. He held his ball all the way to the car. Lillian tried to take it (she actually asked very nicely) and Samuel, with a huge smile on his face, moved the ball further away from her as if to say "Huh! I don't think so".
God is so good! I hope you all have a great weekend. I am so glad I am eating pie today and not giving birth! He gets a big slice of pumpkin pie for his birthday. Actually, we already ate some for breakfast. But, there aren't any rules at one (or thirty-one for that matter). We love you all!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Samuel!
He's such a BEAUTIFUL kid! I miss ya'll so much! BUT!
I'm so excited I'm coming out to Seattle with you guys!!!
love you all!
Stephanie
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Great pictures. I will be so sad when you move.
Post a Comment