Sunday, December 14, 2008

This is what it looked like shortly after we got out of bed this morning. Please notice how accurate this rendering is (I am in the house). You will have to enjoy my silly sketches for a while. My camera disappeared into the fathoms of suitcases, wild children, and furry dogs, while visiting South Carolina. Lillian like her father, is a cold weather girl. She came in to eat breakfast and is back out with the neighbors (and humming birds, crazy huh?). But, I get to be a good Mommy and stay inside laboring over a hot stove (whaa), a pot of coffee, and some hot chocolate. It is hard being a warm and dry mom in a quiet house.

I don't really know what normal is. Our lives rarely feel routine enough to call normal. We are a nomadic family and always getting ready for the next thing. It seems to be that way. As soon as we returned from Columbia we started getting ready for Stephanie (Nicks sister) and Janna (my sister), who will be spending Christmas with us. What a BIG and LOVING father in Heaven I have. I miss the noise and commotion of family more than anything. I feel like a fish out of water with out a little chaos. I am so glad to have them for their winter break. Nick and I were blessed by a new friend I made though my job at the gym. She had a baby sitting play date (she brought her two) for us so we could go to Nick's office Christmas party. Fancy. Well off to enjoy my sweet little family on a snowy and COLD Sunday morning.

No comments: