
Not really working very hard on this, actually. But it is a nice thought. He likes to wear his big boy underpants...that's about as far as I have gotten.

Nick calls these "Chea Pants". Thanks GG and G Pa!
Samuel has excavated his plant all over the counter since this picture was taken and given Lillians a mushy hair-do. Lillian has also experamented with pepper seeds. She planted them and has watered them. I really didn't think they would come up as we do not get much sun. She was thrilled when the little pot produced tiny green leaves.

Nick is my Hero! I have been feeling ill and he is really working so hard for me (or rather, because I am not). He has a plan to conquer one or two rooms every week end. I am always so sad to see him go back to work Monday morning. He is a cleaning machine. Amazing!

Our daughter works on this, her earth-worm farm. She is so desperate for a pet that she lovingly cares for these slimey's and talks to them. Unfortunately the fellas who came to clean the lawn for the two months of house showing ahead of us took her farm to the dump.

Nick was happy to take this picture for his Mom. He made gumbo Saturday and we have all enjoyed it. I
really enjoyed it. I must have a Cajun baby in my belly. It was on the whole non-offensive to me and I think I ate it four meals in a row (but not for breakfast).

I guess this speaks for it's self. I feel like this is probably one of the most boring blogs. So I am eight wks. I have not seen a doctor yet. I do have an apointment with a midwife. I think if I get an ok from the midwives I would like to try having this one at home. I could have had Samuel at home, he was easy...if that could ever be call easy.

Lillian hunting out an apartment home for us. This one is on the no list, but they make a pretty bed. The search isn't really turning up any winners. We have to be out of here by the end of March. We still have time. We have even been creative and looked at intentional communities. Uh, the politically correct way to say commune (not really, but kinda). However, as I am sure you are guessing most of these are a little cookey.

Lillian and Samuel thought a water fall would go well with the living room. I was probably on the phone with Mom. They work on inventive ways to make a mess. The more creative their mess the less likely I am to lecture them. I just sorta stop and look bewildered..."huh?"
Ah, our favorite way to "work" on something. Lillian paints often while I nap with Samuel. I am so glad water color washes off walls. She is really into splattering the paint. The other day i came into the kitchen and was not sure if the wall or the paper had been the canvas.

Samuel is working on identifying with his mother. I found him walking around with a stuffed mouse in his shirt.
Lillian is also working on a book. She dictated the story to me and has started illustrating it. She has the best sense of humor. The book is called "The Pickle who Steals Electricity". This pickle runs around with a plug-hat on his head jumping in and out of peoples outlets so he can be charged full of good ideas; it is also a nice way to get a massage. She was excited to learn about young writers competitions, so she wrote her own story. Who knows if we will send it in...I think I might place a priority on it. Though she doesn't seem to care about the contest part, just the doing it part.
Samuel tells me several times a day how he loves my baby. He loves his big sister too. But this is a much harder thing for him. One minute loving the next pulling her air out of her head, frustrated by the long list of commands. He has named his baby brother "Motorcycle guy". Lillian wants me to name her sister Sarah-bell.
1 comment:
Dear Leah and Family,
I am your cousin in California. Your Grandmother-in-law (Pat Redmond is the younger sister of my mother Martha Flannery)gave me your blog addy so I can keep up to date as to what is happening in your life. Please feel free to email me anytime as I would love to get to know you better. I would love to expand on my family relationships as what I have here in CA is very small.
Your children are beautiful! and I can't wait to read more about your midwife experience. We have a small growing of little ones out here as my oldest niece Meghan had her 2nd child on Dec 4th. She now has two beautiful daughters.
I look foward to reading and hearing from you soon.
God Bless,
Susan
Post a Comment