Saturday, June 13, 2009

Let's go ahead and get the shocker out of the way. This is our son "Heed" as in "Heed go cry yourself to sleep on your big heed pillow"...OK Anyway!

Samuel thinks he might want to try sleeping with the baby when "She" comes. Lillian thinks the baby bed makes a good pound for her one million stuffed dogs. Maybe when we get her a real dog we can get rid of all the pretend dogs. I think this is a good shot of his hair, and for good reason.

Time for the summer cut!


He is so cute! I love him both with or without his moppy hair. But he definitely seems less cherubic with the buzz.


Sunday Drive

Two week-ends ago we went on a Sunday drive out to the Kitsap peninsula. Actually we went to see dogs at the Humane society. We were at the humane society for all of ten minuets. Neither Samuel or Lillian liked the loud barking from twenty dogs in a concrete block room. Plus, all the cute little dogs had already been adopted (thank goodness). However, the hour and a half boat/car ride was not wasted. We just happened upon a beautiful state park and beach area; and decided to have our picnic lunch there.
The beach was covered with oysters that when it is allowed you could shuck them on the beach. Also, the children discovered crabs and little land dwelling fish. Lillian was excited to show us her tiny crab.


This is a view of the Olympic peninsula and the waterway is Hood canal (I believe). Anyway, the Olympics are actually snow capped so you can see that these are just the green hills, to begin with. It is hard to tell from the photo how green and how lovely this was.

The troops off to find the perfect picnic spot.


These last two pictures are just for a fun comparison. While maybe not a fair comparison, as I have yet to actually visit the "coast" of Washington. From advertisements I have seen the coast really is striking and majestic. But, I think that would be a consistent statement of the area as far as I can tell.
"Scenic Beach; Washington"

"New Smyrna Beach; Florida"

The water at New Smyrna was cold to me. But, Pacific water is MUCH cooler.
I feel so blessed to be able to enjoy this country with my family. Florida, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington. I have visited many states also and always find some new "favorite" place. I am not a patriotic person. But as a worshipful person I must say that there is such fantastic and endless diversity to our country. I am excited to see what new places my Father in Heaven takes us to!
I will get some photos of the new house up soon. Meanwhile I am feverishly preparing for Baby#3, First Grade home school, to become an urban Farmer (garden, chickens, goat?...), and to wrangle my beautiful wild son away from the top of the monkey bars.

No comments: