Happy Thanksgiving, that has now past...However;
Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite Holiday. I always thought it was very un-spiritual to love Thanksgiving most, over say, Christmas or Easter (passover/resurrection...could get preachy about that one). But the truth is I love Thanksgiving, I love it as a special day, and I love giving thanks. I think it lightens my burdens to give thanks, it brings me into His courts and gates, it releases me when I am being held captive by a whole host of bad attitudes. Thanks is a beautiful discipline. That is my hallmark card on "thanks" for you this year, with out the rhyme.
And on a "I'm-not-so-thrilled-with-American-culture" note: I think Thanksgiving may remain the most un-commercialized Holiday of all; THAT my dear people is something to be VERY thankful for; and maybe from me a standing ovation!!
And on a "I'm-not-so-thrilled-with-American-culture" note: I think Thanksgiving may remain the most un-commercialized Holiday of all; THAT my dear people is something to be VERY thankful for; and maybe from me a standing ovation!!
Daddy getting sweet baby on camera. She is a very perfect addition to our household. She is shaping up to be (at this point anyway) more relaxed and laid back than her siblings were at the same age. I have actually been able to lay her in bed not quite asleep and have her drift off on her own.
I am yet again hopelessly in love with my baby. She is my little doll, she smiles at me and I am completely distracted from all things, for a moment. Of course I have a son who quickly reminds me that baby isn't the only child who I ought to adore; with a tackle hug that just about takes my head off.
ok gotta run...I'll pot something more substantial later.

No comments:
Post a Comment