Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lexington

First the disappointing news...

My new camera is incompatible with my old computer. I suppose we will be crossing the new computer bridge soon. Until then I hope my brilliant however occasional writing is enough to sustain.

So much has happened in the last few months. Six months now, looking back, lasted just long enough. I am going to fondly look back on the first six months of 2010 the rest of my life as an exciting, hope filled time. New friends and states. family, praying, clinging to, trusting in, and relying on. I miss it already...

We spent the first part of the year living the dream; literally. We were being liberated from what seemed like an Egypt, hopeful that Jesus was taking us on an amazing journey. We sold almost everything and while we thought about hitting the road for good (RV, School Bus...) just traveled south a little ways to soak up some sun and much needed prayer fellowship. I will always think happy thoughts about my friendships in Seattle. They were the bright spots!

California was beautiful. I found my soul mate state. It is sniffles and sighs as I move forward. Thank you Mom and Mark for hosting me and my (your) little family for such a momentous time in our lives. For sharing your home and food, fellowship and friends. This will remain one of my favorite times. I remember sitting on the beach realizing Father God was calling me to a different place and set myself to soaking up as much of it as I could while it lasted. Santa Barbara, San Fransisco, the Pacific Coast Hwy, Beaches and vineyards, wonderful people, fantastic worship... Wow!

South Carolina was a prayer answered. We've missed "Home". I longed to see my children play in the same yard and lake their daddy played in. I missed that. It was satisfying watching the children connect with people that I have shared so much history with. Growing up is something we are all in the process of doing. Taking a minute to stop and observe my family and extended family in that process was also satisfying. To see grandparents emerging, great grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles (including me); all of us learning to function in ever changing rolls and relationships. Besides that, I loved the heat, humidity, AC, bugs...I loved it. And, while I enjoyed friends, my children, my in-laws (two thumbs up!), and having my Daddy around all the time, I would have to say that I am most happy about the time I got to spend with my siblings. I am so proud of the amazing women I get to call sisters. They are wonderful mothers, brilliant personalities, and lovely, all. My brother continues to mature into a striking fellow, who makes me laugh and truly carries in his heart a sense of wonder about his Heavenly Father.

On to Lexington. We have been blessed at the end of six months, with a job (that may last a little while...maybe), an adorable tiny stone house, beautiful mature trees everywhere, and possibly...probably, a great group of believers and friends. I can say for sure that I wasn't expecting to be here. I was poised to leap onto another continent. But, I can see my Fathers hand in this move none the less. I am hoping to turn the rest of this year into a year of prayer and praise. More on that later...

We are all enthusiastic about our new start. The children love their huge oak tree and the swings Nick has hung in it. Sophia has decided the swing is her favorite spot. She is also about to start walking and has little personality that is ever emerging. Lillian will be in school this year (oh. my. goodness.); she is glad. And a lovely girl she is, so they told her when we registered. Samuel continues to fight the good fight, the not so good fight, finish fights, think about the fights...and so on. This evening in the park an older boy suggested to Samuel that he was about to punch Samuel in the eye. Samuel took his cue and punched the boy in the nose. "Well, he was bigger and he was about to hit my eye; so I just punched him". That's how we heard it, but I don't think the older boy minded too terribly. Likely they speak (almost) the same language; only Samuel doesn't use words and were off playing again after an arduous "time out".

That's all for now...

No comments: