
The Mountains are really more imposing than this picture suggests. I could hardly take my eyes off of them.



This is my buddy. I enjoy going places with her so much. Both of my children are fun to take places (generally).

This is Puget Sound. It smelled like a seafood restaurant. There are also places to play around the lake; which is 1.5 miles from us in the opposite direction.



A train track that is quite busy runs along the edge of the water. It was fun to see the long trains necklacing the hills.

Today a friend of mine took me to the "Beach". I am so thrilled I get to live here! Look at the beach. It is so different than any beach I have ever seen. This beach is actually five miles down the road from me. I am going to go back as often as I can. There are so many beautiful roundish rocks and pebbles; orange, black, white, green. It was cool at fifty two and a bit damp. But...it is like a fairy tail. I feel like I am living in a book. Around me are familiar things but the stage is so very strange still. I love my new friend, she is much like Washington for me; familiar and different (she is English). I could go on with my observations. I feel like Christopher Columbus though with the "New World" documenting. I can't wait to explore the rest of the world further. My Father made all of it, how could I ever love just one place? It is all so amazingly unique. Here are poor images of the Mountains I keep talking about. I think you can get a feel for how different they are from our round, bushy, hills on the east coast (which I miss!). I look at these mountains and think of a great epic novel (but not LOTR, I promise, I am way to original for that). I think the folks around here are aware of the truly epic history they all have. It is both sylvan and rugged. I can't imagine living out here with horses and wagons and canoes. Watch Ken Burns doc. on Lewis and Clark. Anyway, remember, I live in a smallish BIG city. I hope you are enticed to visit. It will cost you! But at least there is a delightful family to stay with.
2 comments:
leah, james and i would love to go there when we visit!
it truly is beautiful and i'm sure quite inspiring. Hahaha hey even if it made you feel like you were in middle earth it would still be cool. i bet the mountains will be challenging and fun to paint!
anyhow loved the pics.
Mercy
oooh, green stuff and beaches-what is that like??? here it is COLD and WINDY-what else?? but spring is trying to push it's way out of the ground-bring it on!! hope you guys are well-we prayed for you all at housegroup the other nite. Our house is a warzone-all the floors are ripped out and we are getting new ones this week-good times! ugh
Post a Comment