Daddy goes to the Aquarium.


I took a First Aid/CPR class last Saturday so that I can fill in at a day care whenever they need extra help. Nick took Lillian and Samuel to the Aquarium to touch star fish and gawk at a very large Octopus. To add to the fun, they road the bus and walked the market. Nick had Samuel in his Backpack carrier and in a Charlie Chaplin moment knocked over a bucket of water on an old lady. I always get a good story from their times together.
Sight seeing with Mimi.


This is the Sound from a 500+ acer park down town. It was a short trip but the setting sun was nice. Most of Sheryl's visit was cold and rainy; we had fun anyway. Lillian loved having her Grandmother to tirelessly play "Pet store" and "Dog gets hit by a car" games. Plus all the other Grandma kinda stuff, Paper Dolls, reading books, going to the playground (sorta). I think I observed Sheryl on the floor with the children most of the time. I have to say, I really enjoyed unusual free time.
Richmond Beach


We had a good time today. Nick took the day off and we did some sightseeing. This beach is full of rocks, clearly. So, we spent most of our time trying to find the most beautiful ones. Finally, the clouds broke and it began to warm up (66).
Ferry Ride to Kingston




There is a snack bar on the Ferry, so nothing is more fun than "Tee-toes" on a boat. Except Samuel did not get "Tee-toes" he got Chex-mix. Lillian was kind enough to share a few. This was my first trip on one of the ferry's and I was surprised the boats where so large. Kingston is at least a great place to sit and have lunch, it really was quite pretty. Though, I think my opinion of the very small town was probably swayed by the fact that the sun was shining. A scrap yard would be a magical land to me if the sun shone on it. Actually, I really do get excited when I see large heaps of metal. Anyway, it was a lovely day and my family came home with rosy cheeks. To all of you who may be suffering in the heat of summer; I send you pleasant thoughts. I am in a sweater and my cucumbers are growing...if they are growing, at such a slow rate I may not get them until fall. In my summoning of hope, I bought a pair of sunglasses that might make Elton John blush; because I know the sun is up there somewhere, I saw it peek its head through the clouds once.
No comments:
Post a Comment