Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pot of Gold

Samuel Makes Rainbows


Lillian is what we found at the end of the rainbow. Not bad!

He is covering the yard with promise.


Getting ready for a school year is turning into quite a task. Nick is right in the middle of THE project deadline (to be finished in Sept.). Janna is making bank. So, I am blessed, training for the "Tour de France"; so to speak. Not that I am comparing homeschooling to that, but what is to come. I am small time now, who knows what is next. More children I hope, and that I will compare to any of the most difficult athletic events in history; hope you don't mind. Because, WOW, they are an event (and for at least eighteen years)! By my calculations there is no other endurance race that compares with the focus and long-suffering BLISS of parenting. I am not being one bit sarcastic, I do mean bliss. They are addictive. I think many evenings with priceless longing toward bedtime. I look for yawns or any sign I might be able to move the finish line up five minuets. But, when all is quite, an hour after they have hit the pillow; I am filled with a euphoric gratitude that is unmatchable. They smell so good after they have had their baths, and are so amazing covered in dirty conquest before. Gotta run and eat animal cookies with my wet rainbow maker. Love to all!

1 comment:

jody said...

so cute! And sleepy, post bath time makes them seem like they are just angelic doesn't it??? it is God's little bit of extra grace at the end of a long parenting day :)