Saturday, July 25, 2009

Our House

The garden we dug up and planted. It is looking much better these days, I pulled a zucchini and a cucumber out of it yesterday. But, we are realizing it would take a huge amount of ground to keep our growing family subsisting on home grown veggies for any length of time. For instance, the five cabbage plant we have will theoretically take us trough ten meals. I am guessing at that number. So, I look at my garden and consider my weekly grocery list and my garden is not looking like a viable alternative yet.

On the other hand, if we wanted to subsist on dandelions we might do OK. This is our yard in the back. For soccer playing, camping and fort building, horse racing, and picnicking. I took this before Nick mowed the lawn...of Dandelions.

Our back door and covered porch-y thing. I was really excited about this but alas, the rain gets in. Nick and Samuel are such a good "working guy" team. This is the long awaited bunk bed.

Our little living space. It is a nice space. We feel cozy in it.
When I started this post I had energy an it was a lovely day. I am now sitting in a 90 degree house, swollen feet propped up in front of a fan with a wet towel on them. So, my house is just a bit to cozy. Also, we have, for the last few nights been smelling fires (a bird sanctuary caught fire one night); sorta adds a special ambiance to the cooking feeling.

No comments: