Saturday, October 31, 2009

Theatrics




#3 hasn't gotten her groove on yet.

So, cute story, I was going through old pictures sorting them into give and throw away piles. Samuel sees a picture of me at 14 (he doesn't know it is me) and says "Hey, Mom, I have this girls eyes". Yes, you do.

Both of my children love watching these video clips, really any video clips that star, them.

In school we are doing spelling tests (spelling B's because they "feel" less structured), reading (everything, but not always with a smile), learning how to use maps and a compass, studying Africa (fantastic!), and Astronomy (kinda freaky i.e.watch "Hyperspace" with Sam Neel...yikes!), and having some success learning to study our bible at bible school. Now, I look at this and it all looks nice as I type it, but truth be told, it is like a three ring circus around here. I have not yet mastered the juggeling act. So you can imagine (and try if you don't get motion sickness, it might be fun)me and spelling, and wild man, and scream queen, in a warm (praise God)small house, while it pours outside. Yes, lovely image.

But, I love it. This is my speed. The thrill of the chase...literaly sometimes, the taste of sweet sucsess (Banana bread, pumpkin pie...). This reminds me, I hate to admit this but for your pleasure I will. I had a mom moment, one of the moments that go down in the books (thanks).
Samuel said to his Dad during a dinner discussion, "I know what Moms favorite thing is, eating"

WHAT???
Thats all folks...

2 comments:

Janna Butrous said...

Did she write that??

Leah said...

No, it was a "Nick" song. She wrote it only to help herself memorize it.