Monday, March 22, 2010


More pictures w/ commentary to come!

It is hard to find the time to blog right now. It sort of feels like the recent upheaval might be starting to settle and fall into place...temporarily? I am a little blah today. I need to get perky and re-enthusi-ize myself. While it seems that my Father in Heaven is asking us to rest and enjoy Him, it also feels like a new discipline. I think no matter who you live with (or where you move, or when you lose your job, etc.), it is going to be a new discipline. I am glad about it. My family has this chance to develop under the loving pressure of community and change. We will grow by the gentle training of our personalities through love and relinquishing rights and intentionally thinking of and blessing and honoring those people who make loving sacrifices for us (who are also currently experiencing the discipline of community). These personality traits of our King, that seem so hard to find in ourselves (myself!).

I realize that sounds like we might be struggling with our living arrangement's; that is not so. But any new discipline is certainly an effort, in your mind, in your pride, in your time and focus. "But we know all discipline is painful for a time but produces..." a list a fantastic treasures. I may have totally hacked that verse to pieces but you get the idea.

Meanwhile, we are having loads of fun. California is beautiful! You can see that for yourselves from the pictures (I have more but no time now to post). We are visiting animals, hiking, going to the beach, playing in the sun, meeting great people and enjoying the Bride of Christ. Mom and Mark are gracious and involved hosts who are investing a lot in our experience, and that means we get to have personal tour guides every week-end, great meals, thoughtful conversation, and occasional baby-sitters. The occasional baby sitter part will be significant this week as we celebrate our 10th anniversary. BLESS THEM!

Anyway, further discipline awaits me at the moment via fantastic and persistent little people. I will get back to this another day...

No comments: