Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sorry to keep you waiting





Samuel likes sushi and seaweed, eating with chopsticks and noodles

We have been doing a lot. We have been in California for over a month and have packed several months of activity in. Hiking, beaching, visiting, testing, climbing, scooting, biking, schooling.


Sophia loves the eating w/the big kids





I think this is my son getting a tick on his head.





Taking a snack break on the hill top (maybe this is where the tick came from)



We celebrated our 10th anniversary last month. I ate lamb and ostrich, it was very yummy. If you have ever seen he movie "Sideways", we ate at that bar. That is to say, I paid 14 dollars for a glass of wine. I really don't care much about movie sites and that sort of thing, ie Neverland ranch which is right around the corner and is really incognito (and no longer Neverland Ranch). I love my husband, ten years flies by when there is so much concentrated focus on wee ones. Like looking up from an engrossing book only to find that the day is gone...uh, I haven't really had that experience for the last ten years; but fondly remember those days. And, I am sure I will, when I am (well 50+ because at this rate I won't be looking up until then) older, look up and wonder where all the time went and how engrossingly beautiful the story was (sigh!). So, ten years, you have been good to me.


Part of the "good to me" is this; #1. I am so proud of her. I love the atmosphere of empowerment. She had the expression of freedom the day she became training wheel free.





No comments: