Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Passover & Easter or #3 of 3 that you haven't seen this month!

Easter Sunday, really tall mountain, really scary drive (just for me)


While the McCoys were here we celebrated passover with a Sedar meal. We will do it again in the years to come (Lord willing) maybe a little more by the book. However, our attempt was a blessing to us all. With several hours of blessings, prayers, glasses of wine, food, and meditation on our Heavenly Father and His Son; dinner was sublime. Yes, because by 10pm we were famished but also because it just was!




Nick and his people





Easter Sunday was a surprise. We have not traditionally celebrated "Easter", rather fumbled around with several ideas, ending with a lot of conviction and very little celebrating. I hope that all changes. But this year our King Jesus, on top of His already blessing us with salvation, blessed us with a uniquely individual day



I was unprepared for the very sheer drive up the mountain for our hike. I also was unaware that we were on our way to share communion, have an Easter egg hunt, and do this by a warm fire on a very chilly day way up high, during an earthquake.




I am such a baby. That is my commentary on the sheer drive on the lane.5 road with two way traffic. Mom had an idea and prepared for a lovely communion time. Walking to the picnic site basket of communion/childrens snack items in tow we were offered an "inheritance" by the elderly couple who were packing up to leave; a blazing fire. Maybe you will get an idea of how cool it was high up in the hills on this overcast, rainy, possible snow flurry on the mountain top day; from the pictures. A fire was such a nice touch! Bible reading, prayer, communion...and an egg hunt. Fantastic!






Lillian hoped to hunt for eggs. I had not planned for such an event. But, her loving Heavenly Father had. The children decided to have a pretend egg hunt. While rummaging through low bushes Lillian found this lovely died egg. Momma K decided to pray that Samuel find one also; he did!


He certainly does do beyond what I can imagine. But, I am certain that He gives us the desires of our hearts. Even if they come in tiny and possibly imperceptible packages.

...Oh! The earthquake! Looking out over the edge of the mountain I heard thunder. There was no thunder, maybe it was a plain (who knows). But I recalled having had a dream the night before about an earthquake. When I got home I saw the news, there had been an earthquake while we were Eastering up in the sky. Anyway, just a querky peek into the way I stitch life together.

No comments: