
2 week end's ago my family hopped in the truck and headed for Missouri; Kansas City Missouri.
10 hours later we walked into a lovely hotel downtown and were greeted by the beautiful face of my youngest and now married sister and favorite old man, my Dad. I like Kansas City. It is very artsy and lovely.

We spent twenty hours at least in the truck. It was a well spent twenty hours as we were refreshed by the fellowship with family. We have missed our California family since we left and were so happy to see Mom, Mark, and Jared if even for a little bit. Sophia seemed to remember her uncle Jared and went to him gladly; right away.

Janna of course was stunning and I was thankful that her extended family and precious friends were such a help to her in the absence of Mom and sisters. She is truly blessed.


Lillian and Samuel played a small role. Flower girl and ring bearer. Samuel was still disappointed a day later that he hadn't actual born a ring and really felt cheated. He was adorable to look at with a tux that was a bit large. The back portion of the building was not air conditioned. By the time we walked down the aisle his cheeks were red and he had a sweat mustache. But both he and Lillian were perfectly behaved, for the three minutes of service required of them. I was so pleased.

I was musing as Dad said in response to the giving away question "Her mother and I do" about my parents having done this five times. Now that all of the girls have been "given away" does it feel like moving on to a new chapter.
If so we have been writing the next chapter for a while! 10...11...

It kind of looks like Nick is stepping on my toe in this picture. Sophia danced and danced. She and her aunt Virginia had a blast.

I love this picture. Because it reminds me that I have the most fun sisters in the world. And a very handsome little brother. Everyone enjoyed dancing, mostly. Nick and I aren't very good dancers and Mom couldn't dance because Mark sustained an injury when a high heel clad girlfriend of the bride Kung-Fu'ed his shin (likely story Mark). But Samuel danced! He danced with me, and with Lillian, he danced with a cute little small sized girl, and he danced with the single bridesmaids (really he climbed up Amanda...), then he danced with "the girls" a group of Janna's girlfriends that he had charmed with his dashing good looks and winning personality, and he also dance with his grandmother (mom did get a dance in), and aunts. Phew! He could have powered the lights with all the energy he was putting out.

This is such a good picture. The wedding was in the third floor room of an old building that is now used for art studios and a church.

Keely giving an encouraging and sweet toast. The reception was a very tasty bar-b-q dinner.

Moms without their children get into all kinds of trouble.

Samuel drinking a toast to the happy couple. He was amazed that he could brake the bottom off of the champagne flute and then miraculously...it was fixed. He went from table to table showing every one his incredible trick. This is what Nick did all night...all week-end. He was such a great Dad, husband, and brother-in-law. I should also mention Giti and Brad as they were at home with their broods while moms were away.


I hope Jeremy and Janna will have such great adventures together. That life will only be restful at times but never stagnant. That Father God will establish the work of their hands and the dreams in their hearts. I believe these two are going to do great things!
1 comment:
Yay :)
I love this post. Great pictures, big smiles. I had so much fun dancing and being with family, especially your family. Oh those kids of yours, hope to see you guys soon! :)
love, the newlyweds
Post a Comment