Saturday, October 23, 2010

Funny things, children...








I see a butt. One peachy white hiny, sticking out from between the branches of the enormous tree in my back yard. My son, who has run, shimmied up the tree, is now half naked. I see a twinkly, sprinkelery, stream squirting from the opposite side of the trunk; four feet off the ground. "Uh, lou know Mom, that is the out house!"...

Yesterday He asked his Papa. "Do you have good eyesight and a good hypothesis?" and this morning he informed me that he was going to China so that he could ride his bike on their big wall.




I just realized that my baby, when she sounds off "DOT, DOT!" pointing her precious little finger, is really telling me to stop. Why? This is what I say to her when she is trying to twist away from me with a dirty bottom. "Stop, Stop!"



Some of her words are "Tie, Tie" this is quiet which requires a finger going over her nose before she makes the shhhh sound. "Mil-ma", "Mam-moe", "Ma-ma", "My-my"...I don't know, they really almost all sound the same. I am playing connect the dots here. "Mil-ma" for the cat "Mildred", "Ma-moe" for Samuel ("Ya-ya" is Lillian), and so on. She will try everything though. Yelling "MA-MA-MA-MA-MA-MA", I tell her to say "down" if she wants out of her chair. Suddenly looking very sophisticated, if that is possible with almond butter smeared into every facial crevice and jelling her hair straight up; she says "DOW!". Samuel was trying to climb a chain link fence (well he WAS climbing it) and I noticed that Sophia was lifting her leg up and trying to get her pink converse high top in a good spot so she could do the same. Her five year plan is to do everything she sees her brother and sister doing.

She likes to walk on her tip-toes, spin in circles, and do leg lifts (who knows?). She sings and at dinner she holds hands and mumbles a sweet little sing-song prayer and then yells "Mem!"



Number one is a blessing in her class. Her teacher feels encouraged weekly by Lillian's affirmations and hugs. Lillian seems to be enjoying herself.

No comments: