Sunday, April 10, 2011

Production

I twiddled my thumbs all winter waiting for this day. The day when we could pack three week-ends full of activity into one Saturday. We woke up and headed straight for the back yard. Almost, after coffee and pancakes. This week-end the boys made banana. But most of the time Lillian does the pancake making. No boxed mixes, she's the real deal. I bet most mothers get sick of eating the redundant foody creations their children make. I made grilled cheese sandwiches. I made and made and made grilled cheese sandwiches. I also insisted my father eat and eat and eat them (at least that's how I remember it). I think I even insisted he take some grilled cheese sandwiches on a fishing trip. Gross, can you imagine eating a slimy grilled cheese sandwich on a boat in muggy Florida. Never the less my sandwiches were a culinary art. Pancakes are a much better redundant food. After years of week-end pancakes though, I feel like a bowl of plain corn flakes and wheat puffs would be a nice change.

We still don't have leaves on all the trees. Try to imagine a chicken coop in this picture. That is how I like to imagine it, and add some blueberry bushes and blackberry canes. Oh, also a clothes line, herb garden, screened back porch, and a cherry on top (an art studio just for me). Sigh. Anyway, the compost cube has now been assimilated into the garden and (theoretically) will be a nice "raised" bed garden. Nick has great mapped out rows. He gave me a bed. Lillian and I threw our share of the seeds right on top and then threw our share of top soil over them. This is obviously a very "theory" intense garden this spring. We may get some beets, potatoes, carrots, lettuce...we may not.
Production. Vermiculture. Worm bin. Canvas. Great multi-taskers. She is so cute!

This is a good-will pillowcase. I have to get a small gray satin ribbon for the top. This was a super easy dress for Sophia. 1$ chic!

We make our own pizza. Who cares, not very interesting. It is just an excuse to stick this goofy picture of #3 in this post. But, "pee-pa" is one of her favorite foods. Now, if she grows up and makes pizza every Friday night and #1 is making pancakes every Saturday morning...have mercy. You may need to imagine a home gym in the backyard day dream.

No comments: