Well, summer is over for us! This is my fond fare well to the summer of '07. We start with our trip to SC for my sister Virginia's graduation.
While in Columbia we celibrated Jeremiah's 1st birthday!
Samuel had his first piece of cake,
a dirty bracelet, and some cheetos!
We had a wedding shower for Mercy out at the lake.
Family is such a preciouse gift from God!
Our loving families are a fuzy image of our
eternal family...can you imagine!
Samuel had his first boatride. I know, he looks beautiful and serene. But, he really pitched a fit! On the ride home, after he had eaten all of my breakfast, he settled in for a nice nap.
We left Columbia and were off to Florida. Lillian puked corn and watermelon for the six hours we were in the car (sorry no picture). Janna graduated high school. Now, she's off to California.
We had a adjective day at Disney.
We did see Marry Poppins on the carousel,
but Lillian was glad the horses didn't get loose.
Quite a spirited filly that one!
We did see Marry Poppins on the carousel,
but Lillian was glad the horses didn't get loose.
Quite a spirited filly that one!
Samuel gave Excaliber a go,
but alas he has a yet unkown destiny.
Mercy's destiny to become a Clonts however, was decided, as was the bright stage futures of Misses Niah Grace and Lillian Cates. If you missed the performance, you really missed a good one.

At the end of June the kids and I went to help Keely in Greenville. She started a new job, in a new town, with a new baby on the way! Every one screamed simultaneously in my car for an hour during the ride to her house. By this time we had some where between 30 and 40 hrs of sitting in car seats within a month to cope with. Loads of fun! Lillian begged me to never put her in the car again. We spent a week with Keely and Jeremiah. This is the percussive"recycle" session; the kids enjoyed that.
Greenville is a great little city. It was very good for me to have the opportunity to spend the time with Keely. But, also with my other sisters. Virginia came up and spent a few days. Mercy, James, and Stephanie paid a visit. I realized, pleasantly, that in spite of the multiplying (and long dividing?) individual family units there is still a sybling solidarity.

Nick baught a backpack carrier for Samuel. So, off we went hiking in the Virginia hills. I love these Virginia hills! Nick and I drove through Virginia while I was pregnant with Lillian. I told Nick I would love to live in these hills for a few years some day. God is so much fun!
I think she was envious of Samuel's ride.
I think I carried my livley girl a mile down the mountain.
This picture I think was taken last year. I was very pregnant at the time. Samuel and I had more fun on the hike this year! Nick starts class tomorrow. We are in for a hectic semester! All of the iterviewing is finished. So, we will know in a few short days (likely) were we will be moving. Lillian starts k-4 in two weeks, I have to get ready for an art show in October (yippy!), and Samuel will be packing the house for us. I always feel sad about summer's end. It happens too fast. I want to sit on a screened porch, drink sweet tea and walk around without shoes on for another two months at least.
2 comments:
my mom just showed me ya'lls blog site today. I love your pictures! all the photos of the kids are a lot of fun. Glad you guys are doing well, can't wait to see you when you come to SC soon!
loves,
Stephanie
Looking good. Jared and I enjoyed the new photos. I am wondering what the scenery will look like after Christmas-- Seattle rain or Sunny south . . .
Ma
Post a Comment