We enjoyed our time in Virginia! A baby, first year of preschool, a national tragedy, and a graduate degree later; now here we are far away looking back at the last year. We packed a lot of living in a very short time and one small bathroom. How blessed we were to spend these times in Blacksburg. Virginia is a beautiful state! When I was pregnant with Lillian, Nick and I drove through Virginia on our way to visit friends in Pennsylvania. I remember telling Nick that it would be fun to live in the mountains of Virginia for a little while some day. Three and a half years later I was pregnant with number two, driving through those same mountains, this time to find a place to live. My father in heaven is full of surprises! Virginia is a colorful state with great light and manic weather. Every season is bright in its own way. I know this because the children's doctor was about an hours drive from our house. I drove through those mountains in all conditions, every month or so. I wouldn't have chosen to drive an hour on an ice encrusted interstate at eight o'clock in the morning, but I am so glad I did. I wish I had a picture for you. It was fantastic! Think of the times God has prodded you out of your comfort zone, aren't you glad! I feel like I am earning that badge. I say this with great trepidation though; "I can't wait to see whats next", wince, wince. I really like comfort! I had to choose pictures of Virginia to share, I had a lot, mostly of the children. I realize that is what everyone wants to see anyway, however, this being a tribute to Virginia, I thought I would limit the pictures of my exceptional babies. I am not finished painting pictures of those hills. Some of these images will likely make it onto canvas. To all our friends in Blacksburg, Thank you! It hasn't quite penetrated my brain that I may not be in Blacksburg again for some time. I think I still feel like I am on a strange vacation. We miss you, Lillian is often pouchy lipped, missing her classmates and all the fun they must be having. I hope you are all enjoying your winters, where ever you are. Hopefully the next time you see me I am not twitching from all the hot caffeinated beverages I have been drinking.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Our view from Virginia
We enjoyed our time in Virginia! A baby, first year of preschool, a national tragedy, and a graduate degree later; now here we are far away looking back at the last year. We packed a lot of living in a very short time and one small bathroom. How blessed we were to spend these times in Blacksburg. Virginia is a beautiful state! When I was pregnant with Lillian, Nick and I drove through Virginia on our way to visit friends in Pennsylvania. I remember telling Nick that it would be fun to live in the mountains of Virginia for a little while some day. Three and a half years later I was pregnant with number two, driving through those same mountains, this time to find a place to live. My father in heaven is full of surprises! Virginia is a colorful state with great light and manic weather. Every season is bright in its own way. I know this because the children's doctor was about an hours drive from our house. I drove through those mountains in all conditions, every month or so. I wouldn't have chosen to drive an hour on an ice encrusted interstate at eight o'clock in the morning, but I am so glad I did. I wish I had a picture for you. It was fantastic! Think of the times God has prodded you out of your comfort zone, aren't you glad! I feel like I am earning that badge. I say this with great trepidation though; "I can't wait to see whats next", wince, wince. I really like comfort! I had to choose pictures of Virginia to share, I had a lot, mostly of the children. I realize that is what everyone wants to see anyway, however, this being a tribute to Virginia, I thought I would limit the pictures of my exceptional babies. I am not finished painting pictures of those hills. Some of these images will likely make it onto canvas. To all our friends in Blacksburg, Thank you! It hasn't quite penetrated my brain that I may not be in Blacksburg again for some time. I think I still feel like I am on a strange vacation. We miss you, Lillian is often pouchy lipped, missing her classmates and all the fun they must be having. I hope you are all enjoying your winters, where ever you are. Hopefully the next time you see me I am not twitching from all the hot caffeinated beverages I have been drinking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment