
Here is the music maker. We have all been banging and hoping for divine intervention! Yesterday Lillian said "Samuel is making the sound of the bad wolf and I am up high playing the scared little girl"; see complex composition.
Picnic in the back yard!
This past weekend it actually hit a record breaking 90...ooooo. So the children and I celebrated Friday with Corn dogs, Root bear floats (milkshake for Samuel), and Cherries.

Samuel LOVES cherries!

We laid out on the patio in the sun but eventually made a tent to read in during nap time.



Samuel is playing with a balloon Mama K (KK is what he calls her) sent in the mail.

These are pictures from Daddies morning out at the Arboretum.

Nick says that Lillian was the unofficial guide through the park and always in the direction of the duck pond. She was VERY disappointed the baby ducks would not climb into her hand.

Lillian is also a great documentary photographer.

Nick stopped to sniff some flowers, trying to narrow down the smell of root bear. Lillian gave him a strong rebuke "This is certainly no time to stop and smell the flowers!". Nick says an elderly woman passing by had a good laugh at that.
Nick's Kitchen.
Nick had us in the kitchen last night filling these bottles with the fruit of two weeks yeasty composting of Irish moss and hops. I think it may actually be palatable this time; we'll know in two more weeks.
Leah's Kitchen

Every Sunday, one mile down the road, we have a farmers market. I am so excited about the rest of the summer. In about a month though I will have my own garden full of veggie goodness. I have tomatoes, squash, beans, cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe, peas, spinach, and several herbs. I LOVE having a yard! Praise God!
1 comment:
I LOVE seeing picture of your life there in Seattle. It makes me feel at least a little connected with how you all are. I think and pray for you all often. I always update pictures of Kate on my xanga site since most of my loved ones live out of Columbia. (www.xanga.com/kellyhewson) love you and miss you
kel
Post a Comment