Sunday
Everyone was a bit sleepy after the long trip.
Janna couldn't help herself.

Our state of the art water park in the back yard.

Naomi is SUCH a sweet girl.

With NO ac it is much cooler to eat outside. The McCoys brought the heat with them (90), the day they arrived. My refrigerator almost quit working. It was reminiscent of child hood in Florida.

Janna is the best!
Monday
Our playground trip to Lake Washington. We didn't have to travel very far (2 miles).
Brad spotted an eagle, Caleb's mom threw him off the playground equipment, Lillian's shoe closely investigated dog poop, our van also became acquainted with dog poop, and Keely's rump narrowly escaped the stinky stuff.

All and All a pretty average trip to the playground.

Samuel loves "Bebe" Naomi.

A lovely evening on the beach.

A very large dead crab.
Tuesday
Everybody jumped on the bus; also a stroller, a baby backpack and several diaper bags.
It was a good ride, Brad's Carolina cap caught the eye of a Gentle man from SC, Jesus healed his paralyzed legs after ten years of not walking; they talked the whole ride . Keely and I sat next to a banjo player from Kentucky.

Lunch downtown with Nick at the market. We all had Gyros, they were very yummy, while listening to a street musician and observing a bunch of tourist getting their tour of the clam chowder bar. Oddly, with baby gear, camera's, cardigans and a Carolina cap; I also felt like I was part of a bunch of tourists; its probably hard to say which bunch was bigger.

We water taxied over to West Seattle were there is a nice sandy beach. Caleb and Lillian got an ice cream treat. And a resident commented that we must be from the East coast with the long sleeves on such a warm day. She too was from the South, some time ago.

This does not look like a nice sandy beach, but there was a sandy spot just before the usual pebbly part. Samuel was asleep in the stroller at this point. I had the brilliant idea of walking down to the beach from the dock...I had know idea what a long walk that was going to be. We made it just in time to rest our feet for ten minuets and then catch a bus back to the water taxi; oops. We got into town in time to ride with Nick on the bus back home.
3 comments:
Looks like you had so much fun! I am envious of your time! I hope we will be able to come see you some time soon...
Miss you!
Kel
Just call me slackerest friend ever...but I have finally started blogging and then I remembered that you had a blog, so I had to look you up. Samuel is getting so big! I didn't even recognize him at first. I really like Leah's haircut. Hopefully you guys are enjoying the Northwest.
Do you mind if I put a link to your blog on ours?
BTW everyone loves the "Christmas card" you drew for me. I get comments on it all the time. :)
I just realized that I called Lillian Leah. Sorry! I guess the lack of sleep is effecting me more than I thought...
Post a Comment