Sunday, September 7, 2008

Uncle Seth's Big Cookie



It is funny how you find significance in the little things. While Keely and Brad where here this summer Nick took them to the grocery store. Yes, we are hosts who live on the edge; we like to exceed the limits of vacation expectations with trips to the grocery store. Anyway they brought this very large cookie home. This particular store has everything and this cookie proves it. The cookie is called "Uncle Seth's Big Cookie". We all enjoyed a bite and were thankful to have a Seth to connect with. On to other news. Our lease is a sixteen month lease, we had hoped to hang out here for a while longer but the Landlords need to sell. Don't scratch through our names, yet again, until after Christmas; we will be moving in April. Nick and I found a quaint little Beach community we like, "quaint" however is a word that generally has a substantial price tag attached. I am currently beguiled by the weather; PERFECT. If the weather was like this six months out of the year I would absolutely root myself. House hunting in such weather is like doing your grocery shopping on an empty stomach. I even felt the urge to buy; ridiculous! I want to live on a farm-esque property so bad. But if this is any example of the tricksy weather, yesterday we were down town and I thought "Lets sell the car and move into a one bedroom right in the middle of Seattle". I may revisit that thought again before we settle on something. For the same rent I could live within a shout from seven art galleries, the Art Museum, and the Symphony; Nick could walk home every day for lunch, plus on my back steps would be grocery,restaurant's...you name it, everything. And this is Nicks problem with the idea, EVERYThING includes women making out with each other on the sidewalk (which he saw last week) and weirdo's yelling obscenity's at each other with no regard to children. And it would mean downsizing; I could probably sell him on the idea with that point alone. Who needs a whole bunch a stuff anyway? Oh well, I won't convince myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We need to plan a phone date...one where we can have some undisturbed conversation. When works for you?
Kelly