Art
"Art" covers, art, music and anything else creative. Here are a few of our first, we'll call them "Lessons in expression"
Primary Colors...she discovered on her own lesson #2 Secondary colors. The rainbow is from History, Noah and the great flood. So great in fact was this flood that even the people who did not believe in our one true God recorded it (The Epic of Gilgamesh).
"Art" covers, art, music and anything else creative. Here are a few of our first, we'll call them "Lessons in expression"
History
Like it says "His" story. So, we are starting at the beginning (creation)and learning from there. I am tempted to spend all my time in the not so important subjects (Art, History, Science)for a Kindergarten. Nick reminds me that I needn't stretch myself to thin Lillian really needs to know Math, Reading, and Grammar. Actually it is funny how that works. He is correct, but somehow I think that might be the area he would spend all of his time were it him teaching her.
Reading
This is the most difficult part of our day so far. It requires the most effort from Lillian, although she is a great reader. Here are a few books she has read.
We play alot of games. I have found some good ones that we both enjoy.
Math is pretty basic, plus all the important things we all have to learn; months, days, name, address.
Science
September is Astronomy!
Last night we went out and found a few stars. Nick is going to take our little pupil to the planetarium this month. I am enjoying with great amazement the reminder that our God, and our Savior hold together the most amazing things. Wow! Really, if we can do anything when we put our minds to it, what sort of adventures had/has he planned for us outside of our own atmosphere?
Well, I was going to incorporate Samuels big day in this blog but think I'll honor him with his own. I love that I get to play and learn with them all the time!
Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment