I have been having serious computer withdrawals the past few weeks. We caught a menacing computer bug and had to wipe out our hard drive; I think it was successful? We will see.
So, I know everyone get's tiered of me belly aching about chilly weather. I get tiered of my belly aching about chilly weather. However, I am over come with such great longing to be HOT HOT HOT. I would love to sweat and feel my skin get hot and tight in the sun. I saw pictures of South Carolina tonight, the beach, the pineapple door knocker, the palmetto flag...oh tears. I don't think I am inclined to move back to South Carolina, actually. But these things represent HOT, and cozy ease. Five layers of clothing is stifling honestly.
I can say that, while my body has felt withdrawn from the pleasant warmth of the sunny south; my spirit has been basking in the warmth of such a great LOVE and hope in Jesus my King. So I am completely grateful for such fowl perpetually chilly weather. The juxtaposition is revealing. Plus I am learning so much. Like, the difference between believing the word and being possessed by THE WORD. The Holy Spirit is ALIVE like child in your womb; you haven't seen the child, you haven't touched the child, but that living being is responsive and moves, is engaging and ALIVE.
I recently attended an arts conference. I take my babies every where (because I have to, but that is a great blessing). So, Lillian drew a picture of a woman in a blue dress with red polka dots, brown hair, praising the Lord. She tells me that the girl in the picture is praising the Lord because she had just gotten out of a wheel chair. WELL!!! A few friends of Janna's were visiting our church for this conference. The group from Janna's school came to teach. Lillian went to the hospital with them one of the days so that she could pray for the sick. They all took paintings and drawings with them. Lillian gave her picture to them and the first person they met when they arrived at the hospital was the lady in her picture. She was waiting outside the hospital, blue hospital gown with red polka dots and brown hair. She was in a wheel chair having just had a painful back surgery. They prayed with her and she was able to stand and then sit back down with little pain; which she could not do before. The woman was amazed by the story of Lillian's picture (which they gave her) and hopefully will be reminded of Gods love for her whenever she sees it. I can't say how the fullness of life I feel in my spirit has happened, except to say that it is kinda like looking at your children and wondering how they got so big, and then in a year thinking how did they get so big, they were so small the last time I noticed they were so big.
Love to all. I will get pictures back up soon. Samuel has a mop of hair on his head! I promised Janna I would not cut it till Thanksgiving. Lillian is doing well with school, frustrated by the work at times, but she's a smart girl. Nick is just off a grueling two month deadline. The children did a couple 24 and 48 hours with out seeing Dad. He is taking a day off and we are going pumpkin patching.
1 comment:
that just gives me CHILLS! God is so good and so incredible! ... love you!
Post a Comment