We enjoyed the "Reformation Fest" at the church we have been visiting. Every year they celebrate reformation and everyone dresses up in medieval costume. Nick created his own "Reformation" wear. He would be glad to make them to order; any one interested let him know. The children got to wear home made costumes. Nick said Lillian was reminiscent of Carol Burnett as Scarlett O'Hara("I saw this hanging in the window and I just couldn't resist"). But, to my glee, I had a "most authentic" comment made over my peasant girl.
So, for your enjoyment, my reformist/revolutionary family!


St. Nick...

St. Samuel of Loch Forest. He looks the part. St. Samuel tends to the needs of the poor and afflicted in the parks of the city, cuddles babies, fights with a fierce stick sword that sound like a machine gun, and loves to get jazzy on the "nano".


Lady Lily of the valley. She is the fiery defender of the oppressed (usually that is herself, but often others). She travels the country-side painting portraits of hope which she freely gives to everyone she meets.
AND...Me. (not pictured)
These are my children's alter egos. However, as with most alter egos, Lillian's almost killed her so we have since banished it to the back of the closet. More on that in a moment.
"You don't want to see me when I am whining" or after the festival last night "You don't want to see me when I have had candy". Samuel calls this "Strong Man". Biblicaly that is not my favorite image for my son but what can you say to a two year old. He gets on is muscles and shows off his impressively accurate and strong jab, directly into the nearest flesh.

"Whaaaaa"

Mine,mine,mine!

"Hold it Samel, hold it Samel!"


Rah,snarl,cough,wheeze.


Lillian has asked for an animal suit for a few years. I found one at a second hand store. She was so excited. She wore it outside to play in the neighbor's yard; like a wild cat of course. She came in that night, took off the costume and started shivering, then vomiting, and when I checked her temp it was 105...Yikes! My first thought was menengitis. Soon, after we freaked out and made her laydown her temprature dropped and she was fine. She calls it the "fever suit" now and won't wear it.
1 comment:
ok, so I know the animal costume story isn't really funny because Lillian was so sick...but I have to admit I have been laughing about it since I read it. You children are beautiful and I can't wait to see you guys. Sorry I'm a poor excuse for a friend and haven't called you. I am pretty poor on that front all the way around. But I love you all and pray for you and am just filled to the top with sisterly affection. :)
Kelly
Post a Comment